Staywinterpark. would like you to join in a rousing game that is sure to spark your creative juices and inspire you to pack your bags and head to Mary Jane Mountain where you can potentially win a Winter Park Season Pass when you submit a video to us.
According to Wikipedia, the phrase “word association” refers to a “common word game involving an exchange of words that are associated together”… “ in response to a given word, done spontaneously as a game, creative technique, or in a psychiatric evaluation.”
All psychiatric evaluations aside, let’s play a round with a phrase that conjures up plenty of opportunity (especially here in sunny Colorado) for responses that are associated with fun, recreation and some good insightful laughter. But don’t jump to conclusions; you may be surprised at how the associated phrases fit into each category.
Ready? Here we go! The noun phrase we are playing with today is…..MARY JANE.
Here are some expected first responses and likely 2nd generation replies:
- Mary Jane Mountain at Winter Park Resort
- NOW OPEN!
- Home of Big Bumps & Spectacular Tree Skiing
- Lessons & Rentals available
- Laid back, welcome atmosphere
- FREE PARKING
- Authentic Colorado skiing experience
- Close to many Staywinterpark. Winter Park lodging options including Base Camp on Jane Creek
- Mary Jane styles shoes
- Classic American shoe style for girls
- Closed toe shoe with one or more straps across the instep
- Mary Jane Watson
- Guiding light in Peter Parker’s life
- Marvel comic character first mentioned in #15 Amazing Spider-Man circa 1964
- Mary Jane aka marijuana, pot
- Amendment 64 Legalizes recreational marijuana use in Colorado
- Colorado becomes first state to mix politics and pot
- Ski towns supported Colorado’s legalization at a rate of 70-90%
But buyer beware! While you may be guiding superheroes around the Winter Park slopes or enjoying an après-ski party sporting an attractive pair of Mary Jane shoes, you are NOT allowed to smoke any Mary Jane/pot/reefer/weed/whatever-the-kids-are-calling-it-these-days on the slopes, chair lifts or restaurant decks. Most ski areas are on federal land and purchasing, consuming and possessing the green herb is considered ILLEGAL.
Know the laws. Know some of the best tree skiing is on Mary Jane Mountain. Know that Staywinterpark. cares about your safety and wants you to enjoy all the recreational opportunities Colorado ski towns have to offer without incidence.